Monitoring of equipment and systems ensures the monitoring and operational control of the most important services, equipment and servers of the company.
Monitoring of systems and equipment allows the data to be used to react immediately and prevent security risks, disruptions and other errors in the operation of the systems being monitored, and the use of the monitoring system in the long term makes it possible to assess the technical condition, economic benefits and efficiency of the equipment and systems.
What can be monitored?
- Service monitoring (web, applications, databases);
- Server monitoring;
- Network equipment monitoring (routers, switches, cameras, phones, sensors, etc.)*
*To monitor the network equipment, it must support the deployment of applications for the monitoring system, or such applications must have already been installed in the production process.
Status request errors, such as a failure to connect or a failure to return a document or message. It usually triggers a monitoring system response action.
Reaction to system errors
Reaction to finding an error or damage can be different – sending a warning message (SMS, email or notification on the most popular online communication platforms), call, API connection to other systems and/or automatic system disconnection and backup system activation, etc.
Possibilities of data visualization
- Display of current data (Live Monitoring);
- Comparison of current and historical data;
- Reports and statistics.
While attack detection systems monitor the network for external threats, the network monitoring system monitors problems that may occur when servers, network connections, or other devices overload or fail. In turn, to determine the web server status, the monitoring solution continuously sends requests to check the status of the web page.
- Number of users;
- System load;
- Disk space;
- Changes in the amount of information.
- Addressing identified system weaknesses;
- Response to errors or damage (following the pre-established procedure);
- Performing system improvements;
- Prevention of security risks.